Today, we’re going to chat soundscapes, using your audiographies as examples.
Here’s what’s in store:
(1) Review of the “re: audiography” prompt,
(2) Discussion of how listening is routinized through everyday habits,
(3) Workshop on Schafer’s terms,
(4) Discussion of how recordings are not representations, but productions, and
(5) Re: workshop of Schafer’s terms, with #4 in mind.
For the workshops, each group will need: (1) a note-taker, (2) a facilitator, (3) two story-makers, and (4) someone who reports out.
Let’s do this.